Are you involved in a dating relationship that is abusive or is potentially abusive?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Is your partner jealous or possessive?
- Does your partner dislike your friends?
- Does your partner not let you have friends?
- Does your partner have a "quick temper"?
- Does your partner have traditional ideas of gender roles?
- Does your partner try to control you or make all the decisions?
- Do you worry about how your partner will react to things you do or say?
- Do you get a lot of negative verbal teasing from your partner?
- Are you comfortable with your partner's "playful" slaps and shoves?
- Does your partner's behavior change if he/she drinks or uses drugs?
- Does your partner pressure you to use drugs or alcohol?
- Do you feel it is your responsibility to make the relationship work?
- Are you afraid of what your partner might do if he/she becomes angry?
- Are you afraid to end the relationship?
- Do you believe your partner will not accept breaking up?
- Does your partner blame you when he/she mistreats you?
PARENTS - Signs of Dating Violence:
- Your teen has bruises, bite marks, black eyes or other unexplained physical injuries.
- Your teen is unwilling to discuss her or his dating relationship.
- Your teen is withdrawn.
- Your teen is spending a lot of time alone.