El Paso Trade & Investment Mission
Organized by El Paso International Airport:
Past and Future Trade Missions:
• México City, México, Oct. 2-5, 2012
• Barçelona, Spain, Oct. 19-24, 2013
• Bogotá and Cartagena, Colombia, Jan. 18-24, 2015
El Paso Regional Presentation
Ready to go Global?
The City of El Paso & US Commercial Service staff can provide advice on how to make your individual mission a success. Future trade missions that are under consideration for late 2013 and 2014 include: Dominican Republic, Germany, Colombia, Spain, China & Chile (in no particular order).
Trade & Investment Mission
FTZ No. 68 office promotes export-focused trade missions for the purpose of growing El Paso exports and creating jobs. In addition, the trade & investment mission provides companies that participate with an opportunity to travel overseas to meet with prospective international business partners face-to-face, greatly enhancing the potential for business success. The trade mission provides an enhanced business development platform for businesses including: business matchmaking, country business briefings, networking opportunities, in-country support and follow-up assistance. In addition, the mission provides peace of mind for traveling to a foreign country.
Expected Outcomes of this mission:
Business & Investments
- Initiate an alliance with the Barcelona Free Trade Zone (dba, Consorci) for best practices and strategic marketing through global partnerships,
- Promote the greater El Paso region through an investment seminar in Barcelona,
- Provide a venue for El Paso businesses to do B2B meetings with interested foreign businesses,
- Meet with various target industries for investment in El Paso
- Initiate talks with Barcelona higher education institutions on research and academic partnerships,
- Initiate talks with Barcelona museums for cultural exchanges,
- Support discussions on establishing a Cervantes Institute in El Paso.
Cultural & Educational
The objectives of the trade & investment mission are to develop business relationships, and to identify potential target industries and businesses for investment in the El Paso/Cd. Juarez/Southern New Mexico region.