Activation of Distribution Facilities in the General Purpose Zone. Contact FTZ Office for assistance.
- Pre-activation meeting with Grantee/Operator and the user to discuss the intended processes and procedures desired for implementation
- Fill out and return the FTZ Activation Information Sheet to FTZ No. 68 office.
- Complete a Firm File Application and submit to CBP to ensure the company has an active import or custodial bond and importer number assigned
- Provide a list of key personnel to CBP to conduct a background investigation, and general employee list for all others working in the activated area
- Prepare a Procedures Manual
- Obtain a User’s Payment Bond
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance with the City as an additional insured on User’s General Liability and Automobile Policies, amounts on each policy are $500,000 for bodily injury or death and $100,000 for property damage for each occurrence
- Pay activation fee to the City of El Paso
- Submit a letter to FTZ Operator requesting activation
- Sign a FTZ User Agreement