In Foreign-Trade Zone No. 68 distributors may:
- Store goods indefinitely and free of duty or quota restrictions until they enter U.S. territory, if exported, no duty is levied.
- Inspect merchandise for quality, breakage and loss before duty is paid. Substandard goods may be discarded, destroyed or returned without duty.
- Remark, repackage, etc. in order to satisfy customer requests or Customs requirements.
- Borrow on goods stored in the FTZ through the issuance of warehouse receipts.
- Store goods while awaiting quota openings or favorable exchange rates.
- Avoid fines for improperly marked items or lost documents- merchandise may be stored until documents are found or identification is corrected.
- Sample merchandise in order to determine quality before actual payment is required.
- Exhibit or market goods before payment of duty.