The FTZ program helps American and foreign companies improve their competitive position in the global market economy. The FTZ program allows U.S.-based companies to defer, reduce or even eliminate Customs duties on products admitted to the zone.Benefits to business and industry include:
- Duty elimination on exports.
- Duty elimination on scrap and defective merchandise
- Duty deferral until merchandise enters U.S. territory
- Duty reduction on foreign components which carry a higher duty rate than the finished article
- No time constraints on storage
- Shorter transit time - Direct Delivery for Owner of Goods
- Streamlined logistics - Weekly Entries & Weekly Exports
- Avoid Customs Fines and Seizures
- Eliminate Drawback
- Zone-to-Zone Transfers
- Improve Cash Flow and Profitability
- Reduced Bond & Brokerage Costs
- Electronic admission
Advantages of El Paso’s FTZ No. 68
- One-stop shop, U.S. Customs Inspectors located onsite at FTZ administrative offices
- Tax exemption of inventory held in active zone
- Electronic admission available directly from FTZ 68 GP Operator
- Strategically located on the U.S.- Mexico border
- Largest air cargo facility along the US-Mexico border located at El Paso International Airport
- Located on a major interstate highway system with international trucking facilities
- Access to rail facilities serving every major North American market
- The City of El Paso’s Economic Development Department may be able to offer additional incentives based on jobs and/or investment amount.
New Incentive available only in FTZ No. 68 - Small Manufacturing Business Accelerator (SMBA)
The SMBA is a incentive that helps small manufacturing companies initiate their zone by reducing the start-up costs (that can be expensive with some zone grantees across the country), and to accelerate the approval process through a coordinated effort. The end result is to help manufacturers expand their markets and compete on a global basis through the use of El Paso’s Foreign-Trade Zone. Start-up Incentive:
- A business selected for this project would be permitted to activate a FTZ facility for a period of one year without any Grantee/Operator activation fee or transaction fees being charged to the business.
- FTZ Operations Training fees waived for up to four (4) key employees during initial year.
- Receive start up support from FTZ No. 68 Grantee/Operator.