Homeless Programs - Housing for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)


The City receives approximately $350,000 annually from HUD to provide housing for persons with AIDS.

The City of El Paso’s HOPWA (Housing for Persons with AIDS) is currently administered by International AIDS Empowerment. The bulk of the funding is used to provide Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA). A small portion of the funding is also used to provide supportive services; at this time the project funds a job development program for persons with AIDS.

For more information please contact:
International AIDS Empowerment
800 Montana Avenue
El Paso, TX 79902
915-590-2118, fax 915-590-2127

City Departments On The Web